There is a lot wrong with the world today, but maybe we can do something about that….
What To Do
Your task this week is to think of a “60 second idea to improve the world.” (The link is the BBC podcast where Jordi first heard this)
Please read your post and time it to sixty seconds! These should be short, powerful, and convincing. 60 seconds is about two paragraphs or 500 words. The writing should be clear, compelling, and concrete.
You can go big (whole world) or small (fix one corner of the world). The main idea is that it is an idea that we can envision.
There will be a small prize for the winning idea as determined by the post’s rating (on the star ratings) with my opinion being the final tie-breaker.
Encourage others to see your idea! Facebook! Twitter! Whatever it takes!
You may have an idea you have been carrying around in your head. Maybe you heard something you want to promote here. Total originality is hard. You can look here too for inspiration:
- You can see last semester’s ideas on their blog. Or this one from Spring 2012.
- Or an even older one… Handy Guide To Solutions Posts (60 Second Ideas)
- Yes! magazine
- Profiles of “genius” grant winners from MacArthur Foundation.
- List of “creative” people (and lots of other stuff too) from Fast Company. Their social entrepreneurs pages.
- Do Something foundation. I think a student found this one once.
- Ashoka Fellows (the people Bornstein followed in his How to Change the World book.)
- More ideas… Some of Jordi’s links in a visual format.